Snow in the Historic District

My apologies to my Northern readers .....

But we don't see snow very often in Georgia!!



We had over 4 inches - and WOW is it beautiful!





We took a walk in the evening -as it first began to snow.

Through the local cemetery........




and past some historic homes in town.........




Then we woke up on Saturday morning to BEAUTIFUL blue skies...........



And the photo of the church I used in Sunday's post was of our local Episcopal Church (c.1842)..........



And do you remember this Colonial Revival from last week's post?..........


(She's a bit chillier, today.)


Here is another church in the snow.....



And some historic homes surprised by snow in the Deep South...........












Makes you wonder how many snowfalls these homes have seen over the past 100-170 years.

(I showed you some of these homes in a different season -here- last year.)

What a nice treat this snow was!!

Comments

TSL said…
Trish, is that Bonner Hall in the third photo? I love that place!
Sjn said…
I agree, it was a nice treat. We all took some great photographs too. I love yours, all the historic homes and churches, covered in snow. Stop bye and see mine. I did two different posts, one the afternoon of the snowfall and one the morning after with the beautiful blue sky. I love the contrast.
Thanks for sharing!
Terry said…
Looking good. Thank goodness the snow doesn't stick around down here long enough to get dirty.
Farmgirl Paints said…
Those home are just gorgeous...wow!!! That is my favorite part of winter. The mornings when every little twig and blade of grass is clinging with snow. It's magical, glad you got to experience it:)
Those are so.....I think Farmgirl Paints said it perfectly- magical. Thank you for sharing!
Love the Episcopal Church photo..they have the prettiest churches!
Yes, Tina - That is Bonar Hall. I did not get over there on Saturday morning to get a photo, though.
-Trish
Your photos are absolutely beautiful and what a lovely area you live in to be able to walk and drive around to see so many wonderful historic buildings and homes! It's like falling in to a Norman Rockwell painting!

Thanks for sharing!

Kat :)
Ginger said…
These pictures remind me so much of Dublin! I miss the lovely historic homes of middle and south Ga; we simply don't have them up here. Beautiful pics!
Just beautiful! I love snow and you have inspired me to go take some photos!