Update on My Succulents

Last year I showed you how I planted succulents in bowls, here.




The plants made it through our harsh winter (our 160-year-old house has very little insulation, so this is a BIG deal - the temps in our home have killed goldfish). 
The above photo is from September, the rest of these photos are from today (March).




These plants require NO ATTENTION.  It is awesome.



I water them about every two months and sometimes I spin them so that each side gets sun.
 


All three plants are within 3 feet of a window.

This one is getting a little 'leggy' - I'll just pinch it back, some.



If you are considering succulents as house plants - Go for it!  Easy, easy, easy.

Comments

Libby said…
I am always looking for easy houseplants to grow. I love the way they look in my home but don't have a lot of time to invest in their upkeep. I will definitely purchase one of these! Thanks for the tip. Is this in the jade family? Or is that a different plant?
Libby - the two dark green plants are jade. I do not know what the other is. I bought it at a Farmer's Market, with no label.

-Trish
Red Door Home said…
I just purchased some succulents and am glad to see they are eay to care for. Your plants look wonderful!
Thanks for sharing, and they look so pretty in those bowls!! Going to try it. Enjoy your weekend, Martina

http://northernnesting.blogspot.com
Debby said…
I may try these out. I have a total brown thumb. I have one window in the house that seems to handle the right light.
I borrowed your beautiful chapel on a post a couple weeks ago. It was just perfect.
Nancy H. said…
WHat type of succulents are these? If they require little attention, I just may be successful having indoor plants!
Your plants look so pretty and perky. I love the old bowls you planted them into, I guess your other post gives particulars on drainage and watering and such.
Glad you gave an update, I'm off to read the other post.
Our Old house has poor insulation too and I think I may have killed a couple of ivies this winter. I hope not, I've got them basking in the sun right now...with well watered roots... I'm praying they come back, they'be been in my husbands family for almost 20 years! Yes... and I think I. KILLED. THEM.
Sincerely yours,
The One WITHOUT the GREEN THUMB
Pat
Anonymous said…
i always bring my succulents in during the winter months and they always do well and then when it gets warm, outside they go...but i do like to keep some inside for texture. thanx for sharing. tiff