Prattville Flea Market Finds and Historic Homes in Alabama

I traveled to Alabama for work, yesterday. This time to Prattville, Alabama. My meeting was delayed, so I was forced to go into three flea markets and Goodwill.  The last stop was the charm. I spent a whopping $2.74 while shopping. That may be a record.

Here is my haul...


I found this Crate and Barrel mold/vase thingy that has a nice shape for my bookshelves....



I also found a Santa mug that looks vintage enough to fit right into my vintage Santa mug collection.



Do you see the prices on those? Just making sure you understand my impressive flea market shopping abilities. This particular store was J & G Flea Market & Antique on E. Main Street. Prattville Pickers also had a nice selection of antique furniture, back in the rear of the store.

Here is a Greek Revivial home-turned-museum in Prattville that you may have seen on my Instagram feed, yesterday...



I took the back roads part of the way. I'm sure you are not surprised.

Here is my route...



I accidentally turned onto "Airport Road" near Coosada and realized I wanted the old roads, not the new roads through the area. (I'm always looking for the older homes, and they tend to be on the original routes through an area - probably not on a street named "Airport Road".) I turned off Airport Road and happened upon a beautiful lane with moss covered oak trees. This house was on that short street....



The Elms circa 1836

I drove through several charming towns. Here is a church in Wetumpka...



Downtown Wetumpka

Mansion Street in Wetumpa...



Passed cotton fields that will be harvested in the next week or so...


  Perhaps I should have slowed down a bit? 



I did not get out of the car for these two photos, either. This church and home were next door to each other in the small town of Notasulga, Alabama. The sun was just about to set.


Traveling is always an adventure.

Have a great weekend.

Comments

Do you travel these back roads alone?
Is that how you get to stop and take some lovely pictures?
I traveled through a couple of lovely places yesterday...had the Honey with me.
Passed a fence line of cows...all lined up watching the rancher feed the cattle across the road... perfect picture! Did I get to stop and take any ...no. :/
The Honey doesn't like to stop for things like that.
These are gorgeous homes...
I love seeing your photos!
sorry for the rant...{she says sheepishly} ...