Gray and White Kitchen Transformations

My friend, Melinda, recently repainted her kitchen cabinets.

Here is a 'before" and "after".



She went from teal and red 
to gray and white.

Melinda originally sent me photos of her kitchen after she began painting the red island a gray color.



So, in my normal "know it all" fashion, I used my 'paint' program and painted her kitchen for her on my computer, like this....


The squiggly lines under the sink mean "new fabric," in my language.

Then I added this fabric idea for beneath the sink.



Because I know it ALL.

Keep in mind, my friend Melinda has a very good eye and probably did not need my advice - but I gave it, anyway.  She is the one who makes these pretty purses.  And runs this beautiful bed and breakfast for weddings.

Here are some more "before and after" photos of her kitchen.




It seems so calm and fresh, now.



Looks great, doesn't it?


I also sent her a few links when we originally emailed.
I am amazed by this transformation - mostly paint- by Urban Grace Interiors.
Here is the before/after.




featured here via Urban Grace Interiors




And I am sure you have seen Layla's kitchen transformation:


The Lettered Cottage.


I continue to be amazed at the difference a little paint can make!




Linking to Frugal Friday Flaunt it Friday Inspiration Friday FiveDaysFiveWays My Romantic Home Serenity Now FunkyJunkInteriors tatertots and jello 504 main Cozy Home Scenes Home Stories A to Z Wow us Wednesdays No Minimalist Here 36th avenue House of Hepworths Blog Stalker Party Live Laugh Rowe Delightful Order Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

Special 'K' said…
Wonderful transformations. You are the clever one with a great program. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo
Rebecca said…
You're right! It is a beautiful transformation! Paint ROCKS.
Anonymous said…
Love the change of colors. A very nice kitchen.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Susan Freeman said…
It does look great and you are right ~ paint works wonders.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley
Anonymous said…
Paint is truly amazing! Fantastic transformations. I've added myself as your newest follower and would thrilled if you have a moment to pop over to my blog too.
Cas x
Great job! The coloring is great. While the green and red were cheerful I like this a more! It's nice to share ideas- inspiration goes a long way!
WOW, Trish!

That is so much nicer for her!

Now she needs to put those fridge pics in a scrapbook....lol.....

Seriously though, looks AWESOME!!!
Anonymous said…
I'm always amazed at what a transformation paint can make. I thought the kitchen was cute with the green, but I like the more upscale look of the gray too. The fabric she picked was really pretty too. Thanks for sharing this room update at Your Cozy Home Party!
Anonymous said…
Love the transformation and somehow going to the white and grey makes the room look even lighter! You're a good friend to do so much research.

Okay - a question and I cannot enlarge the photos enough to begin to guess. What is the white edging around the stove?
Unknown said…
Trish,

Your friend's kitchen looks great! I can't wait to redo my kitchen and replace our dark brown cabinets with clean fresh white ones.

I followed you over from BNOTP linky party. I would love if you stopped by my blog.

Thanks for sharing,
Laura
Great transformation, Trish! I love white cabinets, so you had me with those uppers she redid.

visiting from Met Monday! : )
Sandy said…
I love the program your using to see the colors first... such a change. I have been working on my townhouse for the past few years and did my complete kitchen make over to all white and it's so different and beautiful..
Thank you for your sweet comments on my custom closet. I do the work myself because I just can't afford to pay someone like yourself to do the work for me... but, I so enjoy building!
thanks again
Sandy