The Petty that Adds Spice

Whew! Now that I have finally gotten those miners out of the mine, I can find time to create a blog post!  (Why do I think I can help by sitting on my sofa in the next hemisphere and watching t.v.?   Technically, I guess my prayers are a huge help!)

Now I will digress from the really important (human lives-God-survival) to the petty (decorating).  Just adding a little spice to life.


Several years ago, I found this cute corner shelf at an antique store in Morristown, Tennessee while visiting my dad.  If I remember correctly, it sat beside me in the front passenger seat all the way back to Georgia.




The dark brown piece is less than eye-catching, but much-needed by my girls who share a room and always need a place for "things."


I pulled out the same paint I used on their dressers - Wintergreen Ash by Laura Ashley/Valspar.   
And I took some advice from the amazing Miss Mustardseed's blog, and scuffed up the paint to give the piece a little more character....



 Much Much Much better!




Now it is ready for their petty stuff.  (And it is pleasing to the eye!)

Linked to Furniture Feature Friday!



Have a great day!




Comments

René said…
That is a gorgeous color Trish. Great job!

I'm glad you wee able to rescue those folks :)...now we can get back to the petty little things that make us happy.

-Rene
Amy Chalmers said…
yes thats a pretty shelf Trish!
Oh Trish...I love it!!!!! Job well done....when can I expect it in the mail?

Janet xox
Hi Trish -- the little stand looks terrific, AND genuinely vintage. Before it looked, well, new. . .you have given it a really lovely makeover. Fabulous.

BTW Miss Rumphius AND The Screwtape Letters? (in your profile) I think I love you.

No, that's not creepy at all ---

Best wishes, Cass
Farmgirl Paints said…
i feel so bad, i was kind of in another world this week and missed the whole miner thing. my mom had to tell me all about it! great job on that little shelf. so cute.
Great distressing job! Cute shelves!
Atticmag said…
Very good color. It's got some subtlety and it's nice not to see white for a change. Hope you'll stop by and see our upholstery ideas. Jane F.
Yes, that
shelf definitely
has the Trish touch!
Amazing rescue
story, this week.
It's so NICE to have
good news for a
change. Have a wonderful
weekend!
xx Suzanne
Unknown said…
just wanted to let you know that something lovely happened to me the other day…I found your blog…delightful…thankyouthankyouthankyou for the time n inspiration n eye candy