Painted Barns and Painting Barns

Barns can be so beautiful. Especially if they do not involve manual labor, only looking at them! (As in - driving along and not having to milk a cow or clean a stall!) 
If you follow me on Pinterest, you may have noticed several barn pins, lately. 






Pretty aren't they?  Those photos gave me the urge to create a couple of barns. I painted these little guys...






They are both 6"x6" on wood. 

I did not like this floral piece I created last year, so I painted over it! I kept part of the painting as a sky....

Hope you are having a great day!

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. 
Matthew 6:26-34

Comments

I saw these on instagram- I didn't see the photos for your inspiration though. These look great!
I've had to take pictures of 'antique' building (local architecture) for art appreciation this past week to turn in for extra credit (I'm an over achiever!) Anyway!
I've taken pictures of some churches... big Gothic Revival types... and they have made me think of you on more that one occasion. ;)
You know someone from the blogsphere as long as we have, well... we're bound to cross one another's minds sometimes!
Take care have a great week.
Rebecca said…
I DO love the barns you've photographed....AND the ones you painted, too!