Pinterest Success - Recipes

I am constantly pinning recipes (with pretty photography attached) and wondering - Is this any good?  

Well, I was getting bored with the meals around here, so I tried a few Pinterest recipes. I am providing a review for you, which means I will tell you if my taste buds liked them (along with my family's taste buds). Here are a few of the recipes I tried, along with my family's reaction.... 

First Place Prize
My family and I absolutely LOVE this recipe. Triple hearts!!

Fish Taco Bowl (no taco actually involved)
It is originally from TheLiveInKitchen

Here is a photo from my iphone of our actual meal....



Not as pretty a photo because I was using my phone, but in reality it looked much like the original picture and was yummy good. I mean y-u-m-m-y.  It is a layer of rice, topped by a mixture of corn, black beans, peppers, and onion. Then sauteed fish on top, with fresh cilantro and avocado. The recipe is here.
The kids loved it, I loved it, and my husband loved it. This one will be made, again!


I also tried Pioneer Woman's Chipotle Chicken Chili....


(her photo)
My husband loved this one. I like it, fine, but not as much as the Fish Taco Bowl, above.  I will certainly make it, again, primarily for my husband. It is hearty and spicy. Man food.

I needed some casseroles to place in the freezer to pull out on days when I am out of town working, or when I don't have time to cook. I made up several of these....


The kids ate it. We all ate it.  Not a "3 Hearts" sort of meal like the tacos, above, however, I love that it can be frozen and pulled out of the freezer by a teenager to bake. To summarize my family's reaction to this recipe: One of the kids said, "we should have just had enchiladas or tacos or something." Tough crowd.  However, I still have one of these in the freezer and am looking forward to having it as a warm meal, tomorrow, for dinner!

And that is that.

Have a great day!

Comments

Holly Campbell said…
Thanks for the reviews! I have quite a few recipes on my Pinterest board too, and it is nice to have some input on how things actually turn out!
Unknown said…
Very spicy to see.Looks so stunning, I like this food guide so much.
Unknown said…
Very spicy to see.Looks so stunning, I like this food guide so much.