My Front Porch this Christmas


My front door area is finished, however, I still need to hang my wreaths on my windows.
I'm just sharing my front door, for now.
 I filled my two pots with assorted greenery. And for the first time, chose to make a rectangular wreath. (I prefer fresh wreaths to fake and always make my own for the windows and door).


This wreath is a mixture of cedar, frasier fir (free from lowe's), boxwood, and magnolia. 
I also like to use fruit over my front door. 
I am fortunate to have a ledge where I can place the magnolia branches and the fruit....





I chose not to sweep prior to taking these photos, btw.  

Each year, my creation is a little different. 
Here are photos of my front door the past few years....

Christmas 2012....


Christmas 2011....


Christmas 2010.....

Very similar, yet very different. You can always count of fruit and fresh greenery at my front door at Christmas!

Hope you are having a nice December!

Comments

Mindy said…
I love your porch any old time of year, but the fresh greens are beautiful.
Unknown said…
I think you need to post a "wreath-making how-to" post!! For those of us who are newlyweds and new to holiday decorating... and have front porches are aren't quite sure what to do with!! :)
I like the rectangle shaped wreath and the lions head door knocker! Your ledge above makes for a great place to accent. The magnolia leaves look great!
Anonymous said…
You have created a beautiful, welcoming front porch for Christmas ~ gorgeous!
Jamie Miles said…
Oh Trish. So sorry about Maggie. I remember when y'all got her. Twelve years? Time races by. Your house is lovely. I need to visit to get my decorations fix since we aren't even getting a tree this year.