Jill's Blog



I wanted to share one of my favorite blogs with you, today.  A "real-life" person I know (as opposed to a "virtual" friend) writes this blog.  We all need to read God's word, daily, and Jill has a flair for encouraging scripture memorization.  Jill's blog is entitled SHINE Girls



(I got these photos from Etsy, btw - not from Jill's blog - I just thought they were fitting.)

Here is a little bit that I stole from her blog, last week - where she suggested taking a water bottle and filling it with water and taping a memory verse to it .....


This is an excerpt from SHINE Girls:


Write your memory verse on a note card or a piece of paper. Or type it and print it out. My printer died, so no cute font on cute paper for me. :(



Next stick it on your water bottle with some tape, or whatever you have lying around to stick it with.




Fill the bottle with water, unless it was already filled.



I want us to carry this bottle around with us all day long. Everywhere.


Keep refilling it when it's empty.

Here's the good part: Every time you take a sip from it, think about God. Think about drinking from the Living Well of His Goodness, His Mercy, His Grace, His Love.

As you are sipping on it, say out loud or in your pretty little head, our memory verse.


"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled."
Matthew 5:6


Great idea.  You can check out Jill's ideas and blog here.


Comments

Patty Sumner said…
I love that idea Trish. I am definitely going to put that one to use this week. I have been trying to drink more water so perfect combination...Love it! Have a great week. Blessings!
Jill Hill said…
Thank you, Trish! What a JOY to be featured on your awesome blog home here! :-) Blessings to you, sweet friend! <3