A Little Affirmation


I need a little affirmation, every now and then.

I am not one to worry that no one will like what I have used in my home.  
I really don't care - because I only use what I like
no matter what everyone else might think.  
And, regardless of what might be trendy.  

Back to the 'affirmation' part I mentioned, earlier...

I used this green buffalo check fabric in my bedroom ten years ago.  




My bedroom still looks like this, by the way.  I'm too busy -or maybe too lazy- to change it up.  A decade later, I still like our green-on-green-on-green bedroom.  The bed was my husband's great-grandmother's bed.  Fits perfectly in our 160 year old home, doesn't it?!   We are fortunate one of his aunts remembered she had it in storage! 

I felt the affirmative pat on the back when I saw this Southern Living Idea House bedroom earlier this summer...



So, my buffalo plaid was a good choice, primarily because I like it, but also because it can stand the test of time.

Enough of my self praise, 
here is my Painting of the Day....




Have a nice day!


joining Simple Home Life and Furniture Feature Friday  Graceful

Comments

Lucy May said…
Love buffalo check in any color, anytime!
Checkerboard pattern in your painting is a nice pop of interest, but my favorite part is the great shade of orange! Very striking against the green walls!

Laters,
Michelle
Stacey said…
I don't think you can ever go wrong with green or with buffalo checks. You are right, your room stands the test of time and will continue to do so. :)
Don't you just love it when a good plan comes together?
...not to mention, you're such a trend setter!
I love the blue and orange in this painting!
~Pat
Betty said…
We toured the Idea House and liked the buffalo checks also.

Your green on green looks very
'today'...
Jacqueline said…
I think your bedroom looks lovely I especially love that bed! Thank your for sharing this at Simply Creation's Link Party.
Beautiful room Trish! I LOVE buffalo check!
Love the room and love the painting. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from My Simple Life. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-11.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse
Unknown said…
Trish, I think you are right. The green is just timeless and I love it.
Traci
Hi Trish...wow your bedroom is simply stunning. Dont' need to tell you I am a big fan of the checks......