Hoarding

Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes.  Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days......................... You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. James 5:1-5

ugh.

You may have noticed by my last few "A Little Sunday Scripture" posts, that I have been studying the book of James.

This portion of Chapter 5 is a wake-up call to hoarding.

I am guilty - and I have plenty of excuses, like my favorite: "but I may need that one day."  


My hoarding problem is not too serious.  
My house does not look like this....


cbs.com




And this is not us, either.....


Nice Day Designs




However, I do have some clothes in my closet that I have not worn in a while.
And some books that I will never read, again.
And some fabrics that I may never use.
And some extra dishes that are dusty.
And some toys that the youngest has outgrown.
And some food we need to incorporate into meals.


And I am keeping all of these things for what reason?   
Not really sure.


My goal for this week is to get rid of ALOT of 'stuff' that someone else might appreciate.
Plus, my driver is home from college and can run to Goodwill for me!
I think I am seeing a garage sell in my near future, as well.


Once I give away a few things and get organized, my closets will look like this...


House Beautiful via pinterest




And my craft room will look like this....


source




My pantry will resemble this....


source


And my laundry room will be perfect....


source




Wish me luck!





Comments

One of the best things for cleaning out was putting the old house on the market, and moving! My house is quite well organized now, but if you look in my unfinished storage, it is a different story. There are a lot of things that made it to the new house that I have not even looked at since we have moved in. I keep telling myself to go through and spend an hour a day in there, but I have avoided it so far.

Good luck in your spring cleaning endeavors!
Sjn said…
we've lived here longer than any other house, so no "moving" cleaning has happened. We did just have a long awaited garage sale and got rid of a ton of stuff we weren't using. We made ~$240, my daughter made $200 and my other daughter made over $700. She sold a saddle and other riding stuff.
The best part is the cleared up closet space to re-organize the stuff you keep. Do it all, every closet, you'll feel better when it's over!
Sjn said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isabel said…
If the closests and studio's look like that when you are done then PLEASE come do mine!!!!:O) Have fun cleaning Ive been doing the same slowly and not really getting rid of anything:(