How I Neutered My Red Sofa - Part 1

My sofa is so very, very red.  And I am tired of it.  I need to enter the new decade.

However - I have a gigantic list of 'things-to-do', which includes a daughter who is graduating from High School next week.  I simply (1) do not have time to sew a slipcover for my sofa (plus, the back pillows are attached and I just don't think I can make the slipcover "work right" with the attached pillows - excuses, excuses, excuses.) and (2) I am not eager to spend money on a new sofa, right now.


The answer to my problem was found on a remnant rack. 
I happened across this fabric on Saturday ......



I whipped out a few pillows and hope to find contrasting fabric for more pillows.



I'm taming that red monster, pillow by pillow!


Red and Turquoise  - hmmmm - who would have thought?




Lonny via DecorPad


Decor Pad







And, here is a room with a little 'yellow' thrown in (since my den is still yellow)......



I am hoping to share the completed "update" of my den within the next week!!!

Enjoy your day!


I am joining Metamorphosis Monday and Frugal Friday!



Comments

Anonymous said…
I think it looks FABULOUS, well done!
LOVE those pillows! I have a "black leather monster" in my living room that I would LOVE to replace. It was one that my husband picked out BEFORE we got married...my choice was only "black or green?". Ew. lol I do find that pillows can really work wonders though - great job on yours! Love the bright colors. Probably works really well with your beautiful paintings. :)
The pillows look great and I love the photos you've featured.
Very cute!
~cathy
Kari said…
I love the fabric you chose - they look great on the couch! I also really like the photos your shared - so pretty!
Love that fabric that you used on your pillows! They instantly update your sofa.
Paula@SweetPea said…
The title of your post really made me laugh! Seriously, I love your new pillow fabric. Red and turquoise look great together.
Anna said…
I love that fabric, great way to accent the red couch.
Good luck with your to-do list and congrats to your daughter on her graduation.
Unknown said…
Yea, I love the red/turq combo too. I have a GREEN sofa I need to tame too. Great fabric.
kathleen said…
i love your post! i just fell in love with red and turquoise this week!

thanks for the inspiration! :)
Great title for your post! I think the pillows make a big difference, you notice them now more than the sofa.

I had lots of reds/yellows in our house...posted over the past several months about "shedding the red"!

FYI...I made a slipcover (not perfect by any means) for a sofa with attached back cushions. I actually cut the fabric and removed the cushions to cover them individually as loose back pillows.
Isabel said…
Your photos are so Inspiring!!!:O) Love the material for those pillows:O)
I happen to be so into this color combination right now. I have some of the same photos for inspiration too. Great mind think alike. Can't wait to see the finished product.