Fabric Ornaments and Printable Memory Cards

Still in "creative" mode around here!

I made these Mod-Podge ornaments from some styrofoam balls and extra fabric I had left over from the flour sack towel project earlier this week.




I also made these scripture memory cards for the women in my Bible study.....



(I figure if I can't provide wise, biblical instruction, I can at least give them pretty memory cards. -right?) We are currently studying
Anointed Transformed Redeemed.

You can print the cards from
here if you would like two "pretty" scripture memory cards of your own. It is free - just place some white card stock in your color printer.


Here is a quick tutorial for the fabric ornaments:

Items Needed:
Mod Podge
scrap fabric
foam balls - mine were 3" diameter
screw eyes
ribbon

1) Cut or tear strips of fabric





2) Dip fabric in Mod-Podge and wipe off excess glue (make sure the excess goes back into the expensive bottle of Mod-Podge)

3) Wrap the fabric strips around the foam ball until entire ball is covered.





4) Let dry until tackiness is gone.

5) Spray with clear acrylic spray, if you have any. (gets rid of the 'tackiness')

5) Screw in the little hook thingies - I painted mine a matching green and took a blurry picture.




6) Tie a ribbon through the hook.



(And I made the cute clothes pins, too!)


Have a great day!



Linking to Transformation Thursdays
and Frugal Friday
and Remodelaholics Anonymous and Funky Junk Interiors
and Make if for Monday

Comments

Unknown said…
Those are great - love the memory cards!
Anne said…
Love em! I'm looking for cool holiday handmade stuff to feature on my blog, yours would be great!
I Love these! and the flour sacks too! I just bought some dish towels at IKEA yesterday. I guess we are on the same track this week!!!
I love your stuff! -denise
Lindy said…
Your ornaments are so cute and I love the eye bolts you used -- I would have never thought of it!
Marilyn Holeman said…
I'm visiting from Cottage Instincts. Thanks so much for the lovely Scripture cards! Your ornaments are cute, too.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!