Tomatoes and Recipes

We are having a banner season with our tomato crop, this year!



All photos courtesy of my 10 year old helper.



I have been making lots of salsa and grilled tomato sandwiches.

Grilled tomato sandwiches are my favorite lunch during the summer:
Take a slice of bread (whole grain, prefered)
Pick four leaves of basil out of the yard and lay on the bread.
Place some yummy tomato slices on the basil.
Sprinkle with salt and cracked pepper.
Lay a slice of Mozarella cheese on top.
Bake/broil at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Yummy, yum, yum!


Today, I did not have the bread I prefer (healthy whole grain), but had to use the kids' 'honey wheat,' instead. Also - the basil is hidden under the tomato.

Comments

Bunnym said…
My tomatoes are the best this year too! No bugs, rot...nothing. We've been eating a lot of tomato slices with olive oil and seasoning..yum! Love your blog by the way.

tootles,
bunny
It makes me sad our tomatoes are going so slow.. your bushes look great!
Kristi said…
I am so ready for tomatoes!!! I have squash, zucchini, peppers, and herbs, and little bity tomatoes...I can almost taste them!