Blueberries!!


Blueberries are ready!! Yippee!!

Wild Blueberries (© Photographer: Alain Agency: Dreamstime.com)



B is for Blueberries by Swellkid.etsy.com



Blueberries for Breakfast print by honeyandjamphotos.etsy.com

I have a super-easy dessert I like to make each summer after I pick blueberries. (This is straight out of the Charleston Receipts Repeats junior league cookbook. No secret family recipes around here!)

Blueberry Cream Pie
1 graham cracker crust
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup whipping cream, whipped (you heard me)
1 pint blueberries - washed

Cream the cream cheese and sugar. Add the vanilla and lemon juice. Carefully fold in whipped whipping cream and berries. Pour into graham crust and refrigerate at least an hour until ready to splurge!

(I didn't take a picture, but imagine a graham cracker crust filled with fluffy white stuff - and a few berries visible on top.)

Comments

Sjn said…
I love blueberry pancakes! Yummy!!!