$1 House

As many of you know, This Old House website and magazine have houses that need to be moved in order to be saved. I picked a few of my favorites.

For $1 in New London, Connecticut


I love this gothic revival! This one is FREE, but has to be relocated. It is in Weare, NH.






This 1867 Victorian/Second Empire is a little pricier at $35,000 in Monterey, Indiana.


If you have a 'hankering' to open a general store or maybe a bed and breakfast in Maine - Here is the perfect building!

Here is another freebie - but it has to be moved. This cute federal style farmhouse is located in Lawrenceburg, Indiana.

Okay, those pictures inspire me to get to work around this old house. The fix-up and cleaning around here does not compare to the projects ahead for those homes.

Comments

Terry said…
The New London and Lawrenceburg houses are just my style. I'd be afraid that cars would drive into my living room at the Main house.
Bertie said…
I love that first one. The corbels alone are worth more than the price!! I'd buy it just for them.

Thanks for posting so I can dream.

Bertie
Aunt May's Cottage
Anonymous said…
I want the Gothic Revival one!!! Look at those peaks! Waaaa!!!!