My Art and What I Copied This Go Round

Here are some more paintings I created with the "muse" or original photograph I used to inspire them.


(Took lots of liberties with that re-creation! Just used the type of flower and fruit, rather than the footed bowl, etc. )

Did I mention that it is 
against my husband's advice that I am posting these?


He politely told me not to post the original photo of the flowers next to my painted interpretation. 
He said, and I quote:  "They might like the original better." 

As in: I wish we had original photos of flowers on our walls instead of your painted ones.
He actually said that.
Don't show them the original photograph you copied. They might like the original photograph better than your painting.  
Hmmm. Wonder who he means by "they?"

You might be glad to hear that we are still married, even after he made that suggestion.
He is so very helpful with my art endeavors. 
The encouraging, the supporting, the little comments and "suggestions.". Ugh.


Comments

Katy said…
LOL! I'm sorry :/ why do they always know just the exact wrong thing to say?? It's like a genetic gifting or something.
My favorite is the last one, because I love that footed vase and all the details!! How big is that canvas?
Katy- Oh, I should have mentioned that he "hates" the footed part of that vase, Lol! That one was 24"x30" and was $225 -sold.
-Trish
JudyMac said…
Sometimes husbands just can't help themselves. It comes rolling out of their mouth before they get their brain engages. :-) Love all of your paintings and I know it gives you great pleasure painting them.
Mindy said…
I love the last one the bestest.
Men are idiots.
The end.