October

October is by far my favorite month of the year. I'll bet I am not alone on this.

I've worked and worked some more, and found a few hours to do some things I enjoy.

Like drive down dirt roads in rural Georgia in the fall....


That one is in Taliaferro County, Georgia - we were on a
 mission to find my husband's great-great-great-great grandfather's grave.
 And we found it! He fought in the Revolutionary War. 

On the way home we passed this old church....


Antioch Baptist c. 1899.  One of my favorite local websites is Historic Rural Churches of Georgia and they write about the history of this church here: Antioch Baptist.

October means cotton in Georgia...


Perhaps I should slow down, literally and figuratively, and smell the roses cotton?


Much like my life, it's all a blur due to a much too fast pace.

The cotton has been my muse this month ...



 I spent a day in Louisiana for work. On the back road between Baton Rouge and the NOLA airport, I passed this stunner....



And a few other pretty shots out my car window along this stretch of this South...







It's sugar cane season in Louisiana, if you were wondering.


I hope you are enjoying your October. 

Have a great day!

Comments

JudyMac said…
Love your back roads posts! The old homes and churches are quite stunning.
Trish! Looks like you've been spammed!
Anyway- I just love these old buildings! Your back road posts are becoming some if my favorite. We have cotton here too-- and it is pretty isn't it?