My Neutral Gallery Wall


This will be a quick post, as I've had no extra time for blogging, lately and this one will lack in detail. 

To start with - I always like to have a party because it makes me work on my house, a little bit. It also makes us clean.  (Not much will make this mom and teens pull out a scrub brush and the extra vacuum attachments around this place, let me tell you.)

Since my middle daughter was graduating from high school, we had an afternoon luncheon for her. Over sixty guests and it was a wonderful day. 

I always have to have one big decorating project - just before a party. Ask my husband about it. He hates this about me. A giant project that simply HAS to be done instead of the basic food prep and toilet cleaning. 

This year I decided that I simply could not have a party without a neutral gallery wall added to my dining room. 



And that is just the left side of the window.  Here is the entire dining room...


I snapped this photo after the party. I was too exhausted to move the white bucket or straighten the chairs. 
Two days before the party, with no food prepared, I hung those pictures. That is just how I roll.

I've been collecting inexpensive frames and neutral art for the past six months.  I am guessing the entire gallery wall cost me less than $200.00..... 




And, of course, a lot of the art I created, myself - so it was free to me.

Look for better photos and more detail regarding the created art and found pieces, soon.  Here are a few more pics of the room after the party....



I scavenged the local alleys and dirt roads for the oak leaf hydrangeas - they are natives here and are in bloom this week.

I also found the precious wild pink roses growing along a dirt road....


How lucky am I?

I love my new wall and so does the pup...


(She is searching for crumbs in this photo - that is my idea of a vacuum, btw).

Have a nice day!


joining Met Monday and Thrifty Decor Chick mod mix Should Be Mopping made by you inspire me monday ladybug coastal charm scoop knick of time bloom igotta create
Frugal Friday

Comments

I like the 'neutral Gallery wall' ...also love the found flowers, traveling dirt roads for treasures, and PUPS that vacuum. :)
Pat
Oh I can so relate to this. My husband is always wondering what I am going to be changing in our house, or adding into our house before a big bash. We have a big party coming up in 2 weeks and I already have some ideas. ;)
I mean really.... bathroom cleaning etc. just doesn't have the same satisfaction. :)
Kelly said…
Wow... what an impact! I just put up a gallery wall of mixed finished frames in my guest room, but it is nothing as impressive as your wall!

Kelly from www.lifeonbirchst.com
Mindy said…
I LOVE gallery walls like this. Yours are stunning. Love, love, love.
Custom Comforts said…
Love your wall. You did such a great job and each one is unique and different.
I think that is one of the things I like about entertaining too, is that the house gets thoroughly cleaned and for a brief moment, all is well in house cleaning world.
Cindy