Doodles

Sometimes it is overwhelming to go into my art room and start a new painting -especially special orders. Special orders will be the death of me. Something about trying to please someone at their request with your own creativity, but not really. I would rather create things I like, then let people choose to buy them, or not. I think another reason that I have a difficult time with special orders is because I am a "pleaser" by nature. Therefore, I just really, really, really want others to like their special order - so much, in fact - that I have a difficult time getting started.  
That might be called procrastination.  
Plus, if I have a special order looming, I feel guilty starting anything else until that order is conquered complete. This is clearly a 'first world' problem and I am whining.

An artist once told me to be sure and do something a little creative, each day, even if it is just a doodle on a sheet of paper. A couple of days ago I drug out my watercolor paints and placed them on the kitchen table - NOT in my art room, where the responsibilities are looming - but in the kitchen. And I have been doodling.  



I walk into the kitchen to get my coffee and do a little doodling. 



Just a little bit.





It has certainly been relaxing. 




I've also been doodling by the computer, when I should be working ...


I love labs.

Once I complete all of my special orders, maybe I can start doodling in my art room, again. And clean off the kitchen table.

Comments

Kathy said…
Looks like a Labra "doodle" to me :o).
And I like it!
so adorable! Wish I had your talent!
Ann B. Kennedy said…
Your doodles are wonderful! I hope you find time for more and choose to share. They're very happy!