It's a Home Tour























And that is our 1850's home. Always a work in progress, but aren't ALL homes that way? Have plenty I don't like and lots I want to change, but am grateful for what I have. 

A few things I hope to accomplish this summer that are house related:
1. slipcover the red sofa, really soon
2. Finish up my daughter's room to share with you. I noted the ideas in this post.
3. Make my craft room camera-worthy.
4. Get a new kitchen. (this is actually just a dream - not a possibility right now - thought I would list it just in case my fairy godmother was interested!)
5. Create some large new art pieces for a couple of spots.



Joining Shabby Creek Cottage for her home tour, by the way, along with Susan at Metamorphosis Monday and Savvy Southern Style!.

Enjoy your weekend.

Comments

Jamie Miles said…
Could you come over and clean/work on my house since yours is so lovely.
Debby said…
I really love your home. Your paintings look perfect in your decor.
Unknown said…
Your home is lovely and I agree that the projects often seem never ending.
Anna said…
I really love your home, especially the staircase, wood floors and the antique sofa, gorgeous!
Mindy said…
It's so beautiful. I love your house. I do know what it's like to have that never-ending to-do list, though. Ours is stuck to the fridge and it seems like for every thing we cross off, three more are added. Ah well, what would we do with all our time if everything was done? :o)
Katy said…
I looove your house. and your artwork. :)
Patty Sumner said…
Your artwork is great! I love the "Trust in the Lord" painting. Your home is very welcoming and cozy. Love it! Blessings!
Sara said…
Very sweet home! I loved looking at the pictures.
Finding Home said…
Your home is so beautiful - and I love that wood grain trunk / coffee table!
I just love your home and those wonderful old floors.
Your home is gorgeous - the art is fabulous! Love all your vintage touches - and that row of hydrangeas!
Kelly
Anonymous said…
Beautiful! I actually like the red sofa. :-) And I also love that you're in Georgia!
Beautiful! Love your artwork too. I just linked a stool to WOW with the same fabric that is on your pillows!
I love those floors too! Your home and artwork are lovely.
Thank you, all! The floors are heart pine- which was common to homes built in Georgia in the 1800's.
Rachael said…
What a small world--I came across your blog because of SouthernHospitalityblog, and I also live in Madison! I saw Old Post and thought "Wait a minute..." LOL. I'm down on Candler Lane. You should participate in the fall tour of homes! Have a great day, neighbor :)