Pinterest Recipe Success and Failure

I tried a Pinterest recipe this week.  It was both a failure and a success.



I'll be honest with you - my fajitas just didn't have the flavor I was expecting.  The kids gave it a thumb-sideways, as it wasn't spectacular, but wasn't horrible.   

I gave it a little thought and realized this concoction would make a great filling for a quesadilla.  And that is what we have eaten the past two nights in a row - delicious quesadillas!

Here is the recipe I made - keep in mind, this makes a ton - as the four of us ate fajitas one night and then had quesadillas for two nights - all from the same batch in the crockpot.

I altered the recipe a touch - based on what was in my kitchen.

Chicken Fajitas Quesadillas in the Crockpot
chicken breast cutlets - 2 packs from grocery store
one onion
two bell peppers
1 can rotel  (which is chopped tomatoes with chilis)
1 tsp oregano
1/4 c lime juice
1/4 c fajita flavoring
1 tsp kick-n-chicken seasoning
1 tsp cumin
salt

Place it all in the crockpot on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.

To make the quesadillas,
Drain the meat and veggies really well so the quesadillas aren't runny
Add some cheddar cheese
Melt a 1/2 TBS of butter in a frying pan and saute the quesadilla until done.

Easy.
(if we had some spinach in the fridge, I would have added it)

I served with
Pico de gailio and sour cream

The kids gave the quesadillas a thumbs up!

Here is the original recipe from Six Sister's Stuff.  

Comments

Mindy said…
Over the years, I've found that crock pot recipes have tons more flavor when I cook them in a dutch oven on the stove. I don't know what it is about the slow cooker, but for some reason, it sucks the flavor out of everything.