Here are some tricks I used this week as I decorated....
1. Greenery. Fresh, real, and best of all - FREE. Nothing is prettier than what God created. Not even plastic ornaments. Nothing. Put it everywhere. Chandeliers, shelves, mantles, buckets, vases, and on gifts.
2. Hang a little something from the lamps....
3. Lay some "glass" ball ornaments around the house. So many ball ornaments are not actually glass, anymore. Which is great! That means they can fall off a shelf or roll around the table and not break. Plus, ornaments are cheap.
4. Group your junk.... It has more of an impact.
Don't think for a minute that these snowmen and Santas were expensive. Most were gifts or clearance rack purchases after the season was over. A snowman made from a soup can might not be great all alone, but placed with its snowman pals, it is awfully cute.
5. Add some nostalgia. Find a little something from the past to make your modern day Christmas feel nostalgic. I like to use old Christmas tree bulbs in silver....
6. Peppermint sticks are easy and inexpensive. Just don't accidentally eat them all!
Hope these tips make your decorating easier this season! Have a great day!
Oh, and don't forget to enter my Giveaway!
Just Something I whipped up homemaker on a dime alderberry hill cure for the common monday metamorphosis monday the dedicated house inspire me mondays skip to my lou handmade tuesdays nifty thrifty tuesday cowgirl up elizabeth and coour delightful home pjh designs rustic pig toot your horn Tuesday TipJunkie Tuesdays Treasures Blackberry Vine Get Your Craft On Home Stories A to Z accidentally wonderful passionately artistic cheap crafty mama DIY Dreamer yesterday on tuesday Wow us Wednesdays Wow Me Wednesday Lil Luna Power of Paint Claiming our Space creative kristi transformation thursday embracing change 52 mantles Live Laugh Rowe Bloom Twirl and Take a Bow House of Hepworths I gotta Create at the picket fence Simple Home Life delightful order 504 Main 733 blog stuff and nonsense frugal friday Redoux Here comes the sun Imparting Grace Petals and Picots Delicate Construction Serenity Now One Artsy Mama Jennifer Rizzo funky junk one project closer shabby art boutique alittleknickknack