Fire Hazard, or Not?

I decided to cover the bases of my chandelier in my kitchen.  

I really just want a new chandelier or lighting fixture - 
like one of these ....


kate space via source










But a new chandelier is not in the budget.  Sigh.  However, printing two sheets of cardstock on my color printer IS in the budget.

So I printed this cute greek key design....



And then I measured and cut and covered.

It was really quite easy.






My husband may have a fit when he sees the covers.  He freaks out when he sees a candle lit in our 1850's home.  



(I shared my ridiculously easy felt garland tutorial here.)

On to a more light-hearted topic - Something a little less disturbing than a house fire.  

How about a little scripture art?  I painted these this week and they are two of my favorites, now....



9"x12"

12"x16"

Have a wonderful day!


Just Something I whipped up homemaker on a dime alderberry hill cure for the common monday metamorphosis monday the dedicated house inspire me mondays skip to my lou nifty thrifty tuesday cowgirl up elizabeth and co pjh designs toot your horn Tuesday TipJunkie Tuesdays  Treasures Blackberry Vine Get Your Craft On  Home Stories A to Z passionately artistic cheap crafty mama DIY Dreamer Wow us Wednesdays Wow Me Wednesday Power of Paint Claiming our Space creative kristi transformation thursday embracing change 52 mantles Live Laugh Rowe House of Hepworths I gotta Create at the picket fence Bloom Simple Home Life delightful order 504 Main 733 blog stuff and nonsense frugal friday Redoux Here comes the sun Imparting Grace Petals and Picots Delicate Construction Serenity Now  One Artsy Mama Jennifer Rizzo funky junk one project closer

Comments

Unknown said…
What a great idea - LOVE how these look - thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Suzan
Interesting question - not sure if they would be a fire hazard. But they look cute!

My husband was in a serious fire on a company retreat about 8 or 9 years ago, so he also freaks out whenever there is a flame in the house. Luckily LED candles have come a long way and look quite nice!
TSL said…
They sure do brighten and you could change them out for different seasons and holidays. I think regarding a fire hazard just keep the bulbs at a lower wattage maybe? Newer bulbs have come a long way, many give no heat at all! You were good to have kept the paper away from the bulb stem!
Stacey said…
Just perfect! Love how that was so easily transformed!
Thanks for linking up this week - hope to see you again this week!
Stacey of Embracing Change
Stacey said…
Featured you today!
Stacey of Embracing Change