College Room Reveal !!


We finished up the Frat-Turned-Sorority-Girl-Room last week.  However, I have been too tired to upload the photos!

Here is the finished room....



Here are a few 'before' photos to help you fully appreciate why I am tired...






Remember where I noted here that there was a pully hanging from the ceiling for hanging clothes and lots of beer labels and holes in the wall?  If you missed my post about why my daughter was moving into a fraternity house, you might want to check it out, here.

All has been repaired, repainted, and renewed!

  
Unfortunately, my i-phone does not take professional photos, but the light up under that loft is this one....




It is the perfect amount of light for that area and did not require any wiring.  We just hung some cup hooks and plugged it in! 

For the windows, I sewed the gray damask material in a strip along the Ritva curtain panels.



I made some cute pillows from the fabric I shared in this post, but she took the pillows to the sorority house for 'staging' during rush.  (A 19-year-old 'staging' a house- Oh, dear - what have I done?)

The aqua futon was from last year's dorm room, a la Target.


I just snapped a few quick photos one evening when I was delivering something to her - they were still unpacking at this stage.

Another day I brought her a mattress and this owl I found at TJMAxx for $10 on the clearance aisle.


It is difficult to see the lampshade in the photos due to my lack of a decent camera, but we used this shade .....



to cover over the light fixture.  
The old lighting is still in use, but the Lyrik shade from Ikea makes it cuter.



Turned out great, didn't it?

Now, let's just hope she will study!

Here is my Painting of the Day - Day 11....


12"x12"


Enjoy your day!



Just Something I whipped up homemaker on a dime alderberry hill cure for the common monday metamorphosis monday the dedicated house inspire me mondays skip to my lou nifty thrifty tuesday cowgirl up elizabeth and co pjh designs toot your horn Tuesday TipJunkie Tuesdays  Treasures Blackberry Vine Get Your Craft On  Home Stories A to Z passionately artistic cheap crafty mama DIY Dreamer Wow us Wednesdays Wow Me Wednesday Power of Paint Claiming our Space creative kristi transformation thursday embracing change 52 mantles Live Laugh Rowe House of Hepworths I gotta Create at the picket fence Simple Home Life delightful order 504 Main 733 blog stuff and nonsense frugal friday Here comes the sun Petals and Picots Delicate Construction Serenity Now  One Artsy Mama Jennifer Rizzo funky junk one project closer

Comments

Rebecca said…
It DID turn out great! I ♥ the colors!
Lisa said…
WOW! What a re-do!!!!! You did great! I have to admit, I was looking for a piece of your artwork on her wall somewhere!!! Hey, check out my daughters college room on my blog! http://lifeawayfromtheofficechair.blogspot.com/2012/08/dorm-room-1011.html
Unknown said…
Looks awesome! Y'all did a fantastic job. It's amazing what a little TLC, creativity, and elbow grease can do.
Great transformation :) Lovely colours :) Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla
No wonder you were tired! That's a lot of work and it looks great. Love the added fabric to the curtains and that light shade! Featuring you on Facebook tonight: http://www.facebook.com/iGottaCreate

Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
<3 Christina
What a sweet room! Love the shade from IKEA. Awesome job!
acasarella said…
Love this! What a lucky girl!
Trish, it turned out amazing! Beautiful job. I didn't know Ikea had those shades, they are awesome.
Just moved my daughter in for her sophomore year - it is a lot of work, but so nice to get them settled. Just discovered your blog and look forward to reading :-)
That really did turn out great! I particularly like the light cover!
Kristi said…
Your daughter is really lucky to have you as a Mom! I wish my dorm rooms were that sophisticated and cute when I was in college! :) Great work (beer to ruffles is a hard turn! haha) and thanks so much for linking up to Workin On It Wednesday!
-Kristi
@ Creative Kristi
I would have loved to have lived in a place like this when I was in college. It looks great!
Unknown said…
OMG what an amazing room....you did a wonderful job!
It looks wonderful! I love the colors.
Beautiful job! I wish I had a room like that when I was in college. :)
Lisa said…
Wow! Looks great! I bet all the other girls are super jealous of this!
Tami Von Zalez said…
Lurv the color scheme!

Popped in from Stuff and Nonsense's Fridays Unfolded.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com
Jennifer Lynn said…
While I'm glad I'm past that time of my life (nothing beats role of wife & mom...!), I would've really loved being away from home in that room!
Unknown said…
This looks awesome! Great job! :)

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
www.revolutionariesblog.com
Unknown said…
Wow, what a big difference!!! great job! I saw those lights at ikea and really liked them, i'm sure they look wonderful in the space. :)
Would love if you entered our link party supporting Habitat for Humanity. You could win up to $150, have $100 donated to H4H in your name, and be featured on some pretty big blogs!
http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/2012-before-after-series/

-Jocie@TheBetterHalf
Stacey said…
What a dramatic change! Adorable - and I love how your daughter is staging! That lampshade is perfect!
Thanks for linking up!
Stacey of Embracing Change
Unknown said…
Yay, thanks so much for linking up! Please link back or grab and button and be sure to like us on FB for contest updates. Good luck!
https://www.facebook.com/OneProjectCloser
Thanks for this post! The room came out great! I am headed down to a college apt on labor day to see if I can work some magic in a cinder block room!! You gave me some more inspiration!
Miss Charming said…
Such fun colors! I'm really digging your ceiling treatment.
Katherine said…
Looks gorgeous- what a difference! I would love for you to show this (or some of your fantastic art)off at my Gettin' Krafty party:
http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/2012/08/gettin-krafty-with-it_27.html
Amazing transformation!! Wow great job! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday on my blog and share your room re-do and enter my giveaway.
Karin
Stacey said…
Featured you Today!
Cone by and see!
Stacey of Embracing Change
Great transformation! You had quite a few hurdles from the "before" picture, but it looks wonderful. I bet your daughter is just loving it!


Stopping by from Krafty Kat's Gettin' Krafty With It party. :)
Unknown said…
Looks great! Found you featured on Embracing Change!

- Fotini { http://glamorousbride.blogspot.com }
Dixie Delights said…
Okay, that's the cutest room EVER! Lucky girl. I spent many a night in the GT Beta house (not overnight...just night, lol) and I never saw a room looking that good. :-)