Staging an Empty House - before and after

As I have mentioned before, we have an empty house we are trying to sell
No fun.
This past weekend we hosted an Open House with our realtor.
I took a few items to "stage" the house.

Here is a photo of the master bathroom before I staged it....
master bath before

Super - Boring.

And after....
 master bath after

 master bath after

A plant, candles, something shiny, and hand towels.  That is all.
I really like the lime green Creeping Jenny and the bright hand towel.  A little color sure helps!

And here is the downstairs powder room.....

 powder room before

powder room after

Same thing - a plant, a hand towel, and soap.  Nothing major, but this little bit certainly made the space feel more appealing.

Next is the guest bath....

 guest bath before

 guest bath after


My zinnias have started blooming!  These are the first few........


Putting some live plants in an empty house just gives the rooms some "life."


Plus, you know how I like some "color!"  The zinnias add some eye-catching color to this neutral home!

I also added some ferns to frame the front door............




I completely forgot to take a photo of the kitchen!  I added some flowers and a cute kitchen towel to the sink area.

I think those small additions helped give the empty house some character!




To see our "before and after" photos of the updates we made to this house - click here.

Comments

Rebecca said…
What a difference!

Thanks for the tips & visuals. No telling how soon I might have to use this!

Wishing you success in selling the house. It is a beautiful one.
Anonymous said…
Those are great tips. It's always hard to know how far to go when staging an empty house - you need a few little somethings, but you don't want to overwhelm the space with a bunch of knick=knacks. Nice job!
Isabel said…
What a gorgeous house!!! I have those candlesticks all 3:O) Love that mercury look. Wishing you the best in selling, it is a gorgeous hous:O)
Elaine said…
You did a wonderful job! And this is coming from a stager! Good luck in selling your home!
Robin said…
Great job, just enough to make the spaces warmer. I am a firm believer in staging. I sold my home in 90 days back in 2010 when mothing was selling in our price range. We still lived there but I decluttered and add some up to date accents and I really think it helped. Best of luck selling your house!

Robin
Robin Flies South
Sjn said…
great tips, and the place looks very inviting!
Best of luck with selling your home! These small touches can make a difference.
xo, Sherry