Orange You Glad I Shared This Recipe?

Martha Stewart

Glenwood Residence eclectic living room

Reproduction Peoria, IL. Saltbox House traditional entry

 Country Living

Country Living
And here is an orange cake recipe with only TWO ingredients!...



But, I couldn't leave well enough, alone - so I added some more ingredients.

(Actually - all I added was my own homemade icing and more spices.)

I heard about this pumpkin cake recipe from a friend who uses the recipe for muffins.

Two Recipe Orange Cake
One box of yellow cake mix (or spice cake mix)
One 14 oz. can of pumpkin (NOT the pumpkin pie mix - just pumpkin)
1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)

Mix well with mixer.  Pour into greased pan - I used a bundt cake pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Icing (optional):
About 3 oz. of cream cheese
1/3 cup of softened butter
1/2 of a box of confectioners sugar
1/4 cup milk

For icing, mix first two items together, then add sugar.  Mix well and add milk to make thin enough to "drizzle" atop the cake.

Or, maybe "glop" the icing on the cake.

I obviously made it more difficult than necessary by adding the icing.  However, the icing is "kid-approved" by my gang!

Comments

Simple Daisy said…
Love all the orange!! And definitely love the recipe!! YUM-O!!
Isabel said…
Love orange:O) Love the orange door:O)