Friday, January 14, 2011

Blogs I Enjoyed During My Bout with Cabin Fever


My kids have been out of school for a full week due to snow and ice. And we live in central Georgia.  Amazing!


Instead of completing a long list of projects or painting a masterpiece, I have been doing a lot of dishes and a ton of laundry.  I've also baked way too many cookies/brownies/muffins. (it keeps "them" quiet - happy.)

And I've been reading blogs.
Lots of blogs.


Here are a few of the blog posts I enjoyed this week.
 

I enjoyed Holly's post about her HGTV shoot....


So nice to see a bed in the middle of her dining room next to a portable sewing machine.  (She is apparently a real person, not just an amazing designer.)


An informative post I saw this week was by Kate at Centsational Girl, entitled Ten Lessons Learned from Building a Kitchen.  




I have been planning to renovate my kitchen for a mere 10 years. Kate has a few key ideas that I need to keep handy if my money tree ever grows out back.

Speaking of kitchen redesign (since it is stuck in my brain), here is a great before and after I made my husband read......

Cote de Texas


I also ran across these great-looking slipcovers at Check It Off (via Pink and Polka Dot).




Surely those cute things will make me pull out my sewing machine !


As should these cute pillows....




And only Janell could paint furniture this neatly....



I will pretend not to be shocked that someone can paint a bureau with all items placed at 90°
angles while not splashing paint on the floor and wall.  I am a very neat 90° painter, too, after all. 

In addition,
my heart breaks for Edie .
I appreciate Emily's beautiful writing ability as she helps me conquer my fear. 
And, Jamie is trying to help me get a little more disciplined.

Have a nice weekend (and fingers crossed that these kids will get back to school by Tuesday!).








Weekend Bloggy Reading



Pin It!

8 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

ooo--Awesome links here!!! I am such a messy painter. I'd need to have a hazmat suit or something on to paint like Janell did. ;) Thank you for linking up with my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

sissie said...

Thank you for all of these links to lovely blogs.

hugs
Sissie

ButterYum said...

I'm a regular visitor at Kate's Centsational Girl blog, but thanks for introducing me to the others.

:)
ButterYum

Nancy's Notes said...

Thank you for the links, I'll head over and say hello soon!

Hugs,
Nancy

Holly said...

very cool links! I need to get motivated to do a little home decorating also! My old house needs some updating!

Paula said...

Fun links! I haven't visited Holly's blog for a while and didn't know about her HGTV shoot, I'll have to check that out. Hope life is back to normal for you next week!

Bella Michelle said...

Great posts you found! I have caught up on my blog reading this week as well (though we weren't out of school as long as GA). I found you via Amanada's Weekend Bloggy Reading party and can't wait to read more. Hope you will come visit me at Southern Somedays!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I see a couple of blogs I am not familiar with. Thanks for the introduction.
xo,
Sherry

 
01 09 10