My Burlap Wreath

Now that our temps have cooled a little,
I am finally getting in the mood for autumn!

I made this wreath this weekend....





I got my idea over at Jones Design Company.

She has a great tutorial here. I basically just copied her, with the following exceptions:
1) I used a straw wreath. (just leave the plastic wrap on - less mess)







2) After wrapping the form with burlap strips, I placed all of my burlap ruffles on the front of the wreath.


3) I added an extra layer or two of burlap ruffles - to give my wreath a little more "fluff."







4) I staple-gunned (or whatever the proper past-tense is) all of my burlap on - except where the burlap was too thick, and then I hot glued (and I hand stitched a rough bow onto the ruffles)






After it was complete, I hung the wreath and hot-glue anything "flopping" or not where I wanted it.
Cute, huh?




This is a very "forgiving" project - I don't think there is a "right" or "wrong" with burlap!
It took me less than an hour.
Whisperwood Cottage

Comments

Farmgirl Paints said…
So crafty and cute. Looks great. I love projects;)
I absolutely LOVE it!! Thanks for the link.

:)
ButterYum
Your front entrance looks so inviting. Cute wreath, too! :)
Trish I love this! It's so simple, yet so pretty!

Kat :)
Maureen said…
Yours is a little different than most that I've seen. I really like it.
Yes it is so cute! It looks so welcoming and comfy on your door. Thank you for the tutorial Trish!

♥Lee Ann
Tamara Jansen said…
Hmmm. I wonder if I have some burlap kicking around here somewhere? This looks really cool :)
Amy Chalmers said…
Trish, thats the best use of burlap I have seen! Really sweet.
Nicole said…
Love it! Very creative, yet simple idea! Your entrance is very pretty too!
Unknown said…
Stopping in from Cottage Instincts.
This is too cute! It would go perfect with my burlap banner! Nice work!
<3,
Adri
www.dreambookdesign.com
Love your wreath... AND THAT front entrance WALK!!! Gorgeous, never seen anything like it.
Apron Senorita said…
Your wreath is gorgeous!! I'm glad for cooler weather too.

Yoli :)
new follower
Baezamama said…
I love how it turned out!
Love it!! Looks like a great sisters weekend project ;-)
Thanks for sharing.

Janet xox
I love burlap anything. The wreath looks great on your door!

I’m hosting a link party “Cheap Thrills Thursday”. It’s for creative ideas that cost under $20. If you have a project you’d like to share, I’d love for you to stop by and join in next Thursday!

Kat

www.BlackKatsDesign.blogspot.com
Jules said…
Ruffles + Burlap = LOVE!
This is so stinkin cute! Great job! Jules
Katie Olthoff said…
This is adorable! I love it!
Thanks for linking up to The "Autumn Décor" Talent Scouting Party at WhisperWood Cottage! Your wreath turned out great, Trish!

P.S. For this particular event, the actual party button is required in the post for it to be approved. Please send me a quick email when you get it added. Thanks so much!