Re-Covering Chandelier Shades

While at my sister's house in Kansas City - my mom, my sister, and I "spruced" things up, a bit.

Hancock Fabrics was having a great sale. (That always makes for a fun time).

My sister has pretty blue walls in her living room and brown walls in her dining rooms. (Nell Hill's paint colors Amelia Blue and Molasses).


We found this chocolate and cream houndstooth fabric and trim (on sale!) and I made new lamp shades for her chandelier.




Here is the "before"........



And here is the "after"........




Here is how I did it.....
I made a pattern out of one of her magazine covers.........



Then, hot-glued the fabric along the top and bottom edges and at the seam. And then hot-glued the trim...........



We also replaced the fabric on her dining room chairs.
From this........




to this........


(with more sale fabric!)


Doesn't her dining room look lovely?


(those are drop cloth drapes, by the way).


This post is linked to Metamorphosis Monday, Make it for Monday, Make Your Monday, DIY Day,
, Making the World Cuter and Frugal Friday Linky Party

Comments

Your lampshades came out great...and I LOVE the fabric you put on your chairs...beautiful dining room!
How timely...I am in the process of redoing the very same thing!! Thanks for the pointers ;-)
jen said…
oooooh, i always mentally decorate someone's home when i enter it and i would love to actually put those thoughts to work - wish my sister would appreciate my craftiness a tad more!
love the paint colors she has.
Beautiful Trish! I LOVE houndstooth, and in chocolate is divine! Great job!
Victoria said…
Those turned out beautifully, you did a great job!
Marianne said…
I love that fabric! It looks wonderful and that dining room is fit for lots of lovely dinner parties.
abnsigoslady said…
Great results. Love the fabric. Laura@the mansion
Angie Holden said…
Gorgeous fabric! And a fantastic job!!
Treasia Stepp said…
Everything turned out beautiful. I love both fabrics that you used. Just gorgeous.
Becca Ross said…
Nicely done! I love the lamp shades.