Gotta Do SOMETHING



It is difficult to see so much suffering and feel so helpless about helping.

(I felt this same helpless way during Katrina and 9-11 - and I vowed I would get trained for disaster relief through the Southern Baptist International Mission Board, but never did. Here is their link for disaster training, if you live in Georgia.)

Donating money through a charity you truly trust is the easiest way to help - and you can do that from the comfort of your sofa or computer chair.

You know that I am a big fan of Samaritan's Purse - which I shared here. (In my opinion, since Samaritan's Purse is already very active world-wide in disaster relief -they will know exactly how to administer aid. )

Here is a little something I found that I can do.
I am donating a print to Craft Hope for Haiti.



Go check out the
CraftHope for Haiti Etsy store

Craft


- there are lots of cool items over there. You can HELP and SHOP at the same time!
(100% of the proceeds will go to Doctor's Without Borders.)

If you are interested in donating a craft item, visit Sarah's blog or her CraftHope for Haiti site for info.


and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday. Isaiah 58:10


For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

Thanks!

Comments

What a wonderful painting and how sweet of you to give back by donating. It is overwhelming when you think of everything that needs to be done, but by taking that first step we can all help a little. And lots of people helping a "little" will ultimately result in giving the people of Haiti what they need to try and restart their lives.

Kat :)
Splenderosa said…
Thank you so much for this. I'm donating a piece of my jewelry to the Craft Hope for Haiti. Yes, each one of us can and should do everything we know how to do. No one wants me as a volunteer (lol) in disaster relief, but I can help President Bush & Clinton raise money by encouraging ALL my contacts to contribute. As always, we Americans open our hearts, arms & pocketbooks to help anywhere we can. XXXOOOXXX's
Marsha
I have donated to CARE, and tomorrow in church the collection will be donated to Haitian relief; the kids are all gathering their allowance money to donate.

I love the painting you created - truly from the heart!
Amy Kinser said…
What a great idea. I have nothing to donate, but I sure can pray.
Ginger said…
Beautiful painting and a great idea.