Strangers in this World

Tyn Church, Prague








Early Christian Church surrounded by Communist Government buildings in Sofia, Bulgaria


2 Peter 11-12
11Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.



Peter was writing to Christians. We should not expect to 'fit in', here on earth. Don't live like everyone else - we are supposed to be different.






Comments

Just Me said…
I've so enjoyed your blog tonight. I think you and I have a lot in common. I especially loved the Swedish sofa (I don't think my husband would go for it either). My favorite part are your scripture entries. Living words producing life. Yae! Keep up the good work.