Fernandina Beach

Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island has both a beach and an historic district. Fernandina is a quaint and quiet town located on Amelia Island (the northernmost island in Florida). Fernandina hit it's heyday during the Victorian era - with many beautiful Victorian and Italianate homes built during the end of the 1800's and beginning of the 1900's.

Pippi Longstocking House in historic Old Town Fernandina.


Downtown






The Hoyt House c.1905












Historic Post Office c.1912





Villa Las Palmas c.1910





Need a house to buy? The following are all within walking distance to downtown.



$599,000




$592,500







$499,000





$475,000

It's also fun to visit Fort Clinch, near downtown - or take a ferry over to isolated Cumberland Island, Georgia.


Is it obvious that I just returned from vacation ?

































Comments

Sjn said…
I want to move there! Love all the old houses, such character.
Betty said…
We went to Amelia Island on our honey moon 49 years ago this June. We take our children and grandchildren (14 in total) there each summer for a week...we make so many memories...

The best hamburgers are at T-Ray's Service Station...has been written up in Southern Living.

Betty @ Country Charm
J said…
I used to live on Amelia Island! Isn't it the best? My dad was working as a contractor in St. Mary's, GA at the naval base there.

I can't believe how commercial and developed the island has become...when I lived there, Yulee was a little podunk town, now it's completely developed and the island itself has been developed quite a bit more than it was when I left. It's still beautiful though.

Thanks for sharing your pics!
Oh, wow. LOVE these houses!! I'm so glad you sent me the link. Thanks, Trish! :)