Easy Decorating Ideas

Found some great decorating ideas in Coastal Living (it is snowing, outside - I am trying to escape this never-ending winter).

The corner of this kitchen is adorable....




And so easy! Collect some items in your favorite colors and display as a group. (Displaying in groups is quite eye-catching -rather than spreading the chotskies around the house where they are lost amidst the clutter). In this example, the homeowner stuck to a green/blue color palette with white and soft yellow -quite calming.


Tired of looking at the kitchen floor that needs mopping? Hang a few Chinese lanterns in the kitchen...........

(They aren't permanent - and come down so easily! And you can go another day or two before you mop - since everyone is looking up.)

Here is a headboard created from an old door...........



I tend to "protect" windows - and leave them clear for viewing.

Why not treat them like mirrors or art - over a piece of furniture?


And here is a fun reason to enter the laundry room.....


Colorful art in the laundry room.

Have a great day!





Comments

Unknown said…
Great tips! I love Coastal Living magazine. I'm looking for two old doors for twin headboards. I love the light and fun decor in that laundry room too. Thanks for sharing.
Love the door as a headboard!
Thank you for giving us some color in all of these pictures so we can think spring instead of winter. I love the colorful art in the laundry room idea! So cute.

thanks for sharing!

Lee Ann
Sjn said…
Fun idea for laundry room art. I am soooo ready for spring!
Wonderful inspiration pictures! I love that cheerful laundry room, too cute! I hope the snow goes away soon!

Kat :)
Erin Southwell said…
GREAT post and some of my favorite Coastal Living pictures! Love the dash of color this time of year-I am so ready for spring but as for now it is no where to be found!
Farmgirl Paints said…
I love your posts. You always find the most amazing images:)

I'm fascinated with that oyster and pearl painting. That was really beautiful. I needed some inspiration. Thank you!
Alyssa said…
Thanks for posting those pics.! I needed some inspiration and some color in these drabby days of winter :) Bring on the lazy, hazy crazy days of summer I say ;) Thanks again!
Ginger said…
Loved all of those!
Visit me over at my blog; I have something for you!
Anonymous said…
Hi Trish,
Those are some inspiring photos, I especially love the first kitchen nook! Have a great day.

LeAnn:)
Cindy said…
Great images, thanks for the eye-candy!
Twig said…
Goodness I got some inspiration! I just want to get home and start cleaning! :) Glad I found your blog! :)
Jen said…
I love that first kitchen! Stay warm :)